Leftover Lamb Sandwiches. leftover lamb sandwich – best fillings. The sauce that makes up the lamb sandwich is also an integral part of making this sandwich a success. Remember, if you use leftover pieces of roasted lamb that are a couple of days old, the sandwich will benefit from the addition of moisture.
This is the perfect way to use up roasted leg of lamb leftovers. We are in the fortunate position of getting or buying lambs directly from the farmers, so we buy in bulk. I think if you buy a leg of lamb over the counter, this idea of a left over lamb sandwich might be a bit far fetched! You can cook Leftover Lamb Sandwiches using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftover Lamb Sandwiches
- Prepare 10 slices of leg of lamb Batch 4 see my recipe divided.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 4 slices of bread.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of sandwich spread Batch 11.
- Prepare 2 slices of swiss cheese.
Sandwiches Lay bread slices out on a bench. Add slices of cold lamb, then slices of gherkin, followed by the red onion, a few roasted cherry tomatoes and finally the green leaves. If you're swimming in leftovers post Easter or Passover celebrations, put the rest of your lamb roast to good use with these easy leftover recipes. From salad and rice bowls to pita sandwiches and.
Leftover Lamb Sandwiches instructions
- Slice the leftover leg of lamb. Melt the butter and caramelize the lamb slices..
- Turn as needed. Lightly salt and remove from heat. Pour the drippings over the top of the lamb and cover..
- Toast the bread. Add the spread to the bread..
- Stack the lamb and cheese. Add the bread on and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Spread the garlic and peppers on a small roasting dish and drizzle with a little olive oil. To construct sandwiches, spread olive/mayo mixture over one side of each slice of bread. Layer lamb, cheese, and dressed watercress on top of two bread slices, then close sandwiches with other two bread slices. The ideal way to cook a lamb shank is to braise it which will break down all the connective tissue. Simply season the meat with salt and pepper, sear it on all sides in a Dutch oven pot on the stove, add a couple of onions, a few cloves of garlic, fresh herbs, beef stock, and maybe a touch of red wine.