Chicken Pad Thai. Rice noodles – you can find these in the Asian foods section of the grocery store. I usually use A Taste of Thai brand. Chicken breasts or shrimp – this makes it hearty and adds protein.
This is added instead of the traditional palm sugar. A classic authentic chicken pad Thai made simpler than most other recipes. Additional vegetables such as eggplant, squash, peppers, green beans, broccoli, snow peas, and mushrooms can be tossed in as well. You can cook Chicken Pad Thai using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pad Thai
- Prepare 8 ounces of Pad Thai noodles.
- You need 4 1/2 tablespoons of Asian fish sauce.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 1/2 ounces of cup fresh lime juice,.
- It’s 1-2 of Thai chili’-seeded stemmed and thinly sliced.
- You need of (…Note you may want to mix up a little extra sauce…..:).
- Prepare 3 ounces of canola oil.
- You need 3 of large shallots, thinly sliced (1 cup).
- You need 3 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 12 ounces of Chicken breast cut into 1/4 inch strips- (dust with the ¼ cup of corn starch -shake off excess).
- You need 3 ounces of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 ounces of chopped roasted peanuts- chopped.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 cup of bean sprouts.
The ingredients in this easy Pad Thai recipe include tender noodles, bean sprouts and a delicious homemade sauce served with peanuts and lime! Pad Thai cooks up very fast one you get the heat going. Be sure to have all your ingredients cut and measured out and your sauce mixed before you start cooking. Tamarind paste is a puree of the.
Chicken Pad Thai step by step
- Cook the noodles for 6 minutes rinse with cold water and place in a bowl. (check the brand directions we cooked the minimum…some have you soak them and not cook).
- In a small bowl, whisk the fish sauce, light brown sugar, salt, lime juice and chilies..
- In an omelet pan add 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly set, about 1 minute. Break up into small penny size pieces..
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes then add the dusted with corn starch chicken cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes to brown. (Add more oil if need).
- Add everything together stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes.(if you cook cook to long you lose flavor as the sauce cooks off. as noted above you can mix up extra sauce if desired).
- Garnish with additional lime wedges, cilantro and chopped peanuts and bean sprouts.
This is a bare bones recipe for Pad Thai. The great thing about chicken pad thai is that it doesn't take much prep time at all. You just boil the noodles, cook the chicken, whisk together the sauce, and throw everything in a pan. Lightly sauced, tender noodle and juicy chicken perfection. Chicken Pad Thai was the first Pad Thai we ever made at home.