Chicken Marsala. I used twice the mushrooms and after I browned the chicken I removed it from the pan and cooked the mushrooms and some shrimp and them added a little heavy whipping cream and reduced it to make a marsala cream sauce and then I added the chicken back and served it over. For an Italian favorite, try Tyler Florence's Chicken Marsala recipe, a flavorful meal of mushrooms, prosciutto and Marsala wine over tender chicken. Chicken Marsala in a deliciously creamy mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant!
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish of golden pan-fried chicken cutlets and mushrooms in a rich Marsala wine sauce. Though it's a classic restaurant dish, it's really easy to make at home. Chicken marsala is an easy weeknight recipe to prepare. You can have Chicken Marsala using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Marsala
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 2 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of Marsala wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 6 oz of Mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Pounding the chicken cutlets before cooking renders them thin and terrifically tender. Cooking creamy chicken Marsala at home relies on two classic cooking techniques: pounding the chicken into thin pieces for quick pan-frying, and making a pan sauce from the cooked mushrooms with the Marsala wine. Partnered together and paired with the right ingredients, creamy chicken Marsala at home is a stunningly simple supper staple. Chicken Marsala "This is my go-to recipe for company.
Chicken Marsala instructions
- Pound chicken thin. Season with Salt and pepper an dredge in flour.
- Sauté chicken in olive oil and butter til golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and keep warm in oven.
- Add some more olive oil to pan and add mushrooms. After abt 5 minutes add minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the wine and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the chicken broth and thyme..
- Cook for about 5 minutes add chicken to pan and squeeze lemon juice into pan..
- Taste sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until chicken is done and the sauce has thickened slightly. If to thick add some more broth..
- Serve with Angel hair pasta or Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes..
Delicious and easy to make." – Jojie. Chicken Marsala Florentine "This was very easy—and was the best chicken Marsala I've ever made!" – C. Watch how to make traditional Chicken Marsala. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Chicken Marsala has a creamy indulgent sauce that makes it the perfect pasta topping.