Mike's O'Brien Potatoes. They were so sticky I did as someone else suggested and rinced the cubed potatoes off in water, thoroughly dried, and then proceeded to oi, bag and tag. This is my grandfather's recipe and I haven't altered a thing. Well, I did change one ingredient.
If the potatoes are too dry, add a little more butter or oil. Transfer the browned potatoes to the bowl holding the pepper mixture. Repeat with the remaining butter, olive oil and potatoes. You can have Mike's O'Brien Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's O'Brien Potatoes
- You need of O'Brien Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil [you may need more].
- Prepare 6 of large Golden Thin Skin Potatoes [washed-unpeeled-large cubed].
- It’s 3 of large Green Bell Peppers [washed-de-seeded-cubed].
- You need 1 of large Yellow & Red Bell Pepper [washed-de-seeded-large cubed].
- Prepare 3 of large White Onions [peeled-large cubed].
- It’s 1 1/2 can of Miller Light Beer [or a comparable light lager – + reserves].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sea Salt [reserve 1/2 tbs].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper [or to taste].
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce [optional side condiment].
- It’s of ● Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 of large Electric Skillet.
- It’s 1 of Spatula.
Return the mixture to the pan. Many restaurants serve this easy dish at breakfast alongside eggs and sausage or bacon, but we think Potatoes O'Brien is just as delicious served at dinnertime with any favorite. New website: https://mana.works/ Their subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ManaWorks/ ♦A new update has now made the. Grilling brings out the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes.
Mike's O'Brien Potatoes step by step
- Large chop your bell peppers and onions 1" sized. Place in skillet with 1/4 cup vegetable oil or less. You may need a bit more oil. Add salt and pepper..
- Clean and cube potatoes to 1"+ and throw in the skillet. Add 1 1/2 beers and turn skillet on medium heat..
- ° Place lid on skillet and simmer for about 40 minutes. The beer and oil should hold up for the entire simmer time. If not, add more beer. By the way, the beer must be a basic lager like Miller Light. Not a Corona – not a Dos Equis – not even a Heineken. Higher quality beer is not better. ° Gently fold potatoes with a spatula from the base of the skillet from time to time. You don't want to break up your potatoes anymore than they already will be..
- You'll know your ready to pull the lid and fry spuds until all fluids are dissipated when you can leave a line in your potato mixture. See photo below..
- At this point, I taste test my potatoes and decide if more salt is needed. It usually is. I swear that's the one secret ingredient in these O'Brien Potatoes. You'll know they're perfect when they're just on the salty side!.
- Turn skillet up and fry until no fluids exist within the pan. Gently pack potatoes down and try to add a bit of a crisp on one side of your spuds before you pull them..
- ° Serve this delicious side dish with just about any entrée. We especially enjoy these spuds at breakfast with over easy eggs. Delicious! ° The best condiments to serve with these potatoes is Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce. Folks, I promise you, these two tastes joined together are unbelievable! ° These spuds freeze well for up to 1 month. Enjoy!.
Serve them alongside grilled chicken, burgers, or salmon. Author: Lori Taylor Lori Taylor is the Founder & CEO of The Produce Moms. Louis where he started as a bagger and moved up from. My grandmother told me this cheesy potato-and-egg skillet dish was served at midmorning as a second breakfast for the railroad workers in Pennsylvania. I've simplified her recipe to ensure a shorter prep time.