Ilish Macher Biryani (Hilsa Fish Biryani – Bengali style). Most Famous Traditional Bengali Ilish Biryani or Hilsa Fish Biryani Recipe. Hilsa Biryani is very delicious Bengali rice recipe. It is one of the best.
Today we are going to make Hilsa Biryani. Hilsa biryani, its not that authentic type of biryani. The ingredients & taste is different from regular. You can have Ilish Macher Biryani (Hilsa Fish Biryani – Bengali style) using 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ilish Macher Biryani (Hilsa Fish Biryani – Bengali style)
- You need of Fish Curry -.
- You need 3 pieces of Hilsa fish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yogurt, beaten.
- You need 2-3 of green chilies.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need of Biryani -.
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp. of ghee / oil.
- Prepare 1 of " cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1-2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- It’s of Garnishing -.
- You need 2 tbsp. of fried onions.
- It’s 2 of slit green chilies.
- You need 1 tsp. of kewra water.
- It’s 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ghee.
Here is another popular Bengali Hilsa Fish recipe Ilish Pulao. It is one of the best Bengali Food. Let's watch and learn how to cook. Ilish Polao Hilsa Pulao Elish Polau is bengali style fish pilaf.
Ilish Macher Biryani (Hilsa Fish Biryani – Bengali style) instructions
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder for 10 minutes..
- For the curry – Heat oil and ghee in a pan and saute the onion till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute..
- Add all the dry spices and mix well..
- Add the beaten curd & green chilies. Simmer for a minute..
- Add the coconut milk and simmer further for a minute..
- Add the marinated fish pieces and cook, covered for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep aside..
- For the Biryani – Heat the ghee / oil in a separate pan and temper with the whole garam masala and bay leaves. Add the onion and saute till light brown..
- Add the soaked rice and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add 3-4 tbsp. of the gravy,.
- Salt and 1 & 1/2 -2 cups water and cook till the rice is done..
- Arrange the cooked rice in a pan and then arrange the cooked fish over it. Spread a little of the gravy, ghee, fried onions, green chilies, kewra water & coriander leaves..
- Cover with a lid & cook in dum on a low flame for 5-10 min..
- Serve with the remaining gravy, few green chilies and lime wedges for a sumptuous meal..
Ilish (Hilsa) macher matha diye chalkumro. The folks in East Bengal is noted for creating interesting food out of Fish is no exception and Bongs will eat almost every part of the fish. [Updated Post] First off let me explain the qualifier "Kolkata" I used for this Biryani's recipe. Bengali fish, authentic bengali fish, traditional paturi, how to cook bengali fish, how to cook bengali paturi, various ways of hmaking bangali paturi, machher paturi, macher paturi, sorshe paturi, ilish paturi, bhetki paturi.chanar paturi, fulkopir paturi, chingri paturi, banana leaf in cooking. In Bengal, there are many dishes are made using Hilsa. This fish has a wonderful flavor in it, so no need to add lots of spices to cook it.