Quick Pickle Carrots.
You can have Quick Pickle Carrots using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Pickle Carrots
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of vinager plus 1 tbs vinager.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher/ Sea salt.
- It’s 3 each of chile (pepperoncini).
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 lb of carrots.
Quick Pickle Carrots instructions
- Combine all ingredients but carrots in a stainless steel pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a brisk simmer and add carrots. Cook 3-4 minutes until begin to tenderize, but still firm..
- Remove carrots from the liquid and spread out to cool on a platter or baking sheet. Allow brine to cool to room temperature. Put carrots in a glass container, pour cooled brine over and remove chile peppers. Marinate several hours refrigerated..
- May be prepared ahead as carrots last for quite a few days (up to a week) in the fridge. This recipe has continued to evolve as I try various ratios and methods in pickling, but this latest version, based on David Tanis' quick pickle carrot, has been the most successful..