Quick Pickle (Cucumber).
You can cook Quick Pickle (Cucumber) using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Pickle (Cucumber)
- You need 1 lb of cucumbers Persian.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic (sliced or halved.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of dill fresh (4 sprigs).
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whole peppercorns.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seed.
- Prepare 2 each of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt (Kosher or sea salt coarse grain).
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of white vinager.
- You need 3 each of small chili peppers (optional and can remove after a day for mild heat).
Quick Pickle (Cucumber) instructions
- This quick pickle recipe is simple and requires no special canning equipment!.
- Combine coriander seeds, whole peppercorns, mustard seed, bay leaves, sugar, salt and white vinegar in a container with lid..
- Close the container and shake until sugar and salt dissolve..
- Slice cucumbers..
- Add 1 cup water to the brine mixture and tightly pack the cucumbers in jars..
- Add garlic, fresh dill and chili peppers (if desired)..
- Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers and tap the jars on the counter to release any air..
- Place the lids on the jars and close tightly and refrigerate..
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before tasting to check spice preference. The pickles will be ready in just a couple of days, but continue to gain in flavor. Lasts up to a month when kept refrigerated. *Recipe adapted from acouplecooks.com.