You can have Mutton Pulao using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mutton Pulao
- Prepare 500 gms of mutton with bones.
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 of potato, cut into half.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1" of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s handful of mint & coriander leaves, chopped.
Mutton Pulao instructions
- Pressure cook the mutton in 1 cup water and a pinch of salt for 20-25 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Separate the mutton pieces from the stock and keep aside..
- Heat ghee & saute the potatoes till light brown. Drain & keep aside. Temper the same ghee with cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaves & cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion and stir fry till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste & all the dry spices mixed with some water. Saute till the ghee separates..
- Add the tomato and continue to fry till it is mashed well..
- Now add the drained mutton followed by the soaked rice. Mix everything well and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups stock / hot water, coriander-mint leaves & the fried potatoes. Pressure cook for 2 whistles..
- When done, fluff it up with a fork. Serve with some raita and salad for a sumptuous meal..