Kaddu Ka Dalcha.
You can cook Kaddu Ka Dalcha using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kaddu Ka Dalcha
- You need 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a medium bottle gourd, chopped into big pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds / shahjeera.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 1" of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tamarind paste mixed with 1/2 cup water.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 of dry red chilli.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander leaves to garnish.
Kaddu Ka Dalcha instructions
- Pressure cook the dal in 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Whisk and keep aside. Pressure cook the chopped bottle gourd in 1 cup water for 2 whistles. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with bay leaves, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds. After it stops crackling, add the onion and saute till light brown in colour..
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder mixed with 1/4 cup water. Saute till oil separates..
- Add the chopped tomato and continue to saute till they are mashed. Add the boiled dal, bottle gourd, salt to taste and tamarind water..
- Simmer on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Check the consistency. Add more water if gravy is desired to be had with rice..
- Saute for a few seconds and pour this tempering on the prepared Dalcha. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with jeera rice, khushka biryani or plain steamed rice..