Cheesy Chorizo Rice. Lay down the chicken evenly in the pan. Mexican Chorizo Rice is a fully flavored and spicy rice dish that goes great with tacos, quesadillas, burritos, you name it! It's loaded with fresh chorizo sausage that's been cooked and crumbled, some corn, and a can of Rotel tomatoes.
You still get the stringiness of the mozzarella and the cheesy flavour but the rice seems to stay a better texture when reheating them by having the mozzarella dispersed throughout the whole ball. Bursting with spicy chorizo sausage and tomato scented rice with creamy Bongards® Jalapeno American Loaf with Red Peppers , this dish perfectly balances the heat while keeping the flavor intense! Chorizo is packed with spices, which will automatically season the entire batch of cheese dip. You can have Cheesy Chorizo Rice using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Chorizo Rice
- You need 20 oz of Chorizo Fresh Sausage.
- You need 1 of small Onion (diced).
- You need 14.5 oz of can Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes (not drained).
- You need 16 oz of jar Ragu Double Cheddar.
- Prepare 15.25 oz of can Corn (drained).
- Prepare 14.5 oz of can Seasoned Southern Style Blackeye Peas (rinse&drain).
- You need 12 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Chilli Powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- You need 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of White Rice (uncooked).
Make sure you buy Mexican chorizo, which is a fresh ground sausage, not Spanish chorizo, which is a hard cured sausage. I prefer Johnsonville brand chorizo because it's not as fatty or. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
Cheesy Chorizo Rice step by step
- Drain and rinse well corn and blackeye peas in collander. Set aside in sink..
- Put the nanoceramic inner pot in the Foodi, no crisp & cook basket nor any racks. Turn the Foodi on and set to Saute..
- Slice sausages to split casing. Remove casings and discard. Put sausage in Foodi and use wooden spoon to crumble it as it cooks..
- When sausage is almost done cooking (about 5 minutes), add onion. Saute together two minutes..
- Break up the tomatoes by squeezing them through your fingers into the Foodi pot, and pour remaining juices from can in the pot. Add cheese sauce, corn, blackeye peas, broth, and spices. Stir well..
- Gently sprinkle rice over mixture. Using the wooden spoon, gently tap it just under the surface of the mix. You don't want it going to the bottom..
- Put the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi with the valve positioned to seal. Set it to high pressure for 10 minutes..
- Let it natural release 3 minutes when done. Then quick release the pressure valve..
- Stir it and let it sit warming another 5-20 minutes. The sauce will absorb more into the rice and become thicker as it sits. Serve at your desired consistency..
- Serve with crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and/or sour cream..
Cheesy Chorizo Wonton Bites have cheesy rice, beef chorizo & green peppers in a baked wonton cup topped with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes & cilantro. Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. In a small saucepan, bring the water, rice and salt to a boil. Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, until shimmering. Return the chicken pieces to the dish along with the thyme, white wine and stock.