American pancakes. Easy, American-style, fluffy pancakes are great for feeding a crowd at breakfast or brunch. Top with something sweet like fruit, jam or syrup, or rashers of crispy bacon. These are those thick, spongy American pancakes that are often eaten with warm maple syrup and crisp fried bacon.
For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. This easy American pancake recipe makes light and fluffy pancakes that are great for a weekend brunch. Try adding a large handful of fresh blueberries to the batter before cooking. You can cook American pancakes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of American pancakes
- You need 135 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 130 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
Learn how to make fluffy American pancakes at home. These pancakes are delicious for breakfast or as a dessert. They can be served with jam, fruits, honey, whipped cream, chocolate, maple syrup. Whether you're celebrating Pancake Day or making brunch, our American-style pancakes are the perfect treat.
American pancakes instructions
- Thouroughly mix wet ingredients in a bowl..
- Sift dry ingredients in a different bowl..
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together..
- Heat up a pan with butter..
- Bake pancakes in the pan. You can decide for yourself how small or big you want them. Serves 6 to 10 pancakes, depending on the size of the pancakes..
Serve them with syrup, fruit or any other toppings you fancy. Introducing my easy fluffy American pancakes recipe. These pancakes make hands down the best easy breakfast or brunch recipe. When butter foam subsides or oil shimmers, ladle batter onto griddle or skillet, making pancakes of any size you like. Adjust heat as necessary; usually, first batch will require higher heat than subsequent batches.