Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa).
You can cook Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa)
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Semolina.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of milk.
- You need 3/4 kg of sugar.
- It’s of raisins.
- Prepare of Coconut slices.
- It’s 1 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of vegetable oil.
- It’s of peeled almond slices.
Semolina Pudding (Indian Halwa) instructions
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add semolina and milk to it. Cover and set aside for half hour.
- In a large wok, add oil and bring it to heat. Take a cardamom, open it and add its seeds to the heating oil.
- Add sugar to the oil. Then add half a cup of water. Stir the oil continuously till the sugar gets dissolved and cooked in the oil. Keep the flame till a clear oil+water+sugar solution is observed..
- Now add the semolina+milk mixture to the oil. Stirr continuously. Keep the flame medium..
- Keep stirring and mixing till the mixture leaves oil. Also add your raisins and almond. remember – the key here is good mixing!!.
- When the pudding leaves oil, turn off the stove and dish it out. Add the garnish (coconut slices) and serve hot.