Enchilada pie. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Add the beans, fajita spice mix, chopped tomatoes and some seasoning. Posted in response to a request.
Brown meat and onion together, drain. In a saucepan, cook the soup, chilies, can of tomatoes (chopped), and tomato sauce. Add the meat in onions (simmer on low). You can cook Enchilada pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchilada pie
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- It’s 2 of small cans of diced green chillies.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white rice.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of small can green enchilada sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of thick and chunky salsa Verde.
- It’s 1 of burrito seasoning packet.
- You need 1/2 pound of cheddar jack cheese.
- Prepare 6 of homemade flour tortillas 1 being bigger for top.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add enchilada sauce and chicken and bring to a simmer. Assemble pie: Spoon an even layer of chicken on top of baked tortilla crust then top with half the corn, black beans, and. Fry up ground beef and onion together in a large skillet.
Enchilada pie instructions
- In a skillet brown ground pork and lean ground beef until brown, I usually use a scoop of bacon grease for flavor. Dice onion and use half in meat and incorporate. When done add burrito packet mix with half cup of water and add to meat with green chillies. Set aside when thickened..
- Cook rice until soft, I use a pressure cooker, when rice is done put in skillet and add diced tomatoes, diced onion (the other half) can of green chillies and a spoon full of green enchilada sauce and incorporate together, season to your taste. I used cilantro, garlic, cummin and chilli powder..
- In a glass pie pan put a spoonful of green enchilada sauce around until evenly coated, lay first tortilla down layer beans, rice, cheese and meat. Add 2nd tortilla and gently cover with salsa Verde and cheese, add another tortilla, repeat first layer then second layer again, add cheese then the top around the pie plate forking the edges and a couple holes to breath..
- Brush top with butter and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, pull out and brush top with butter again, sprinkle garlic powder and dried cilantro leaves on top and bake another 10-15 minutes at 400..
- Pairs well with a dessert of the wife's homemade cheese cake, I'll see if I can get her to post that. purpledaffodil69..
Place all of the corn tortillas in enchilada sauce. Top with remaining tortilla, the reserved enchilada sauce and the remaining cheese. Slow-Cooker Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Pie. My husband likes some heat in our meals, but our children—not so much. This is the best of both worlds.