Charcoal Smoky Biryani.
You can cook Charcoal Smoky Biryani using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Charcoal Smoky Biryani
- Prepare 12 pieces of Chicken (Biryani cut).
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Dahi (Yogurt).
- You need 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need of 1 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder.
- You need of 1 tbsp Dhania Powder (Coriander powder).
- Prepare of 1/2 tbsp Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed.
- It’s of 1 tsp Garam masala.
- You need of 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder.
- You need of 1/2 tsp Mace powder.
- It’s of As per taste Salt.
- Prepare of 4 tbsp Lemon juice.
- You need of 1/4 tsp Yellow food color.
- You need of 1 cup Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of 1/2 kg Red Onion sliced.
- It’s of 2-3 medium Tomatoes sliced.
- You need of 6-8 green Dried plums.
- Prepare of 5-6 Green chilies.
- It’s of Coal for smoke.
- It’s of 1 bunch Mint leaves.
- You need of 1 kg Rice Basmati sella (soaked 30 minutes).
Charcoal Smoky Biryani instructions
- Boil rice with lemon juice, salt, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf and cloves, boil until ¾ the done, strain and set aside..
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin,garam masala, nutmeg powder, mace powder, salt, lemon juice, yellow food color, mix well and marinate for 2 hours..
- In a pot, add oil, onion and fry until their color became brown, take out half of the fried onions and set aside.Add tomatoes and mix them well with fried onions..
- Now, Add dried plums, green chilies and mix them well.Now add marinated chicken in the cooked ingredients, turn off the heat and give a coal smoke for 3 to 4 minutes then remove coal.Turn on the heat, mix all the ingredients well and cover & cook on low flame until chicken is done from 8 to 10 min.
- Now, Add mint leaves and mix them well and cook on high flame until oil separates.Add boiled rice half, fried onion, remaining boiled rice, fried onion, food color dissolves in water and ginger, cover and steam cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cover and steam cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Your, Smokey chicken biryani is ready, serve with mint yogurt raita..