Brown rice oven baked. Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Remove from oven, fluff with fork, and serve hot. If brown rice is your nemesis, there is one method I think you'll agree is a winner: cooking brown rice in the oven.
Transfer rice to a Dutch oven or lidded casserole dish. This oven baked Chicken and Rice recipe has captured the hearts of people all around the world! The rice absorbs the chicken juices as it cooks, adding loads of flavour. You can cook Brown rice oven baked using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown rice oven baked
- You need 2 cup of white long grain rice.
- You need 4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 of white onion diced, about medium size.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
I got this one from The Best Recipe by Cook's Illustrated. It's a very easy way to make brown rice that comes out perfect every time. No more sticky, clumpy, waterlogged goop! This rice is tender and separate and delicious.
Brown rice oven baked step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- prepare a casserole dish by Spraying with cooking oil or however you wish to make it non stick use a casserole dish that has a lid.
- dice the onion add to dish.
- measure dry rice add to dish.
- measure beef broth add to dish.
- place one stick of butter In dish.
- cook in oven covered for 15 minutes then take out and give it a stir.
- put back in oven, covered and finish cooking for an additional 45 minutes.
- you could give it a stir before serving but it is Oh so good Brown Rice.
This is the key to this recipe, so make sure to measure carefully. Place rice in prepared baking dish; sprinkle salt and oil on top. Cover baking dish tightly with double layer of aluminum foil and pinch edges to seal. Easy baked chicken and brown rice dinner cooked in one pot and made with healthy quick cook brown rice. A gluten free and protein packed meal perfect for lunches to go.