Beer Can Chicken in an oven!. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven. Wash and clean chicken inside and out. Place all dry ingredients on a paper plate or in a bowl.
The juiciest Beer Can Chicken in the Oven or on the grill is made with a seasoned rub that creates a crispy caramelized exterior that can't be beat. The steam from your favorite beer or ginger ale seals in the moisture to make it one of the best chicken dishes you've ever tasted! Note: You can use root beer, Coke or experiment with other sodas. You can have Beer Can Chicken in an oven! using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer Can Chicken in an oven!
- You need 1 of 3-5 lb Chicken.
- You need 1 can of tall beer.
- Prepare of root veggies- sweet potato, carrot, onion,etc.
- Prepare of Glaze -.
- It’s 1/4 C of Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 C of Vinegar (I used pomegranate).
- You need 1/4 C of Jam or Marmalade.
- You need 1 tsp of Cornstarch mixed with 1tsp water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 T of Butter.
Or simply take an empty can and create your own flavored liquid. Or add a combination of lemon juice, herbs and some water. This came from How To Make An Oven-Roasted Beer can Chicken. How Long to Bake Beer Can Chicken in the Oven.
Beer Can Chicken in an oven! instructions
- Open beer and drink 1/2 of it. I used a 16 oz can of Stiegl Radler which is beer and grapefruit juice. Cut slits in the back of the chicken to let fat run into the pan..
- Spray the can with cooking spray (so you can remove it easily). Stand up the chicken in a pan..
- I threw the veggies I had on hand in the pan as well. Those are sweet potatoes, Carrots, pepper and onion..
- Then carefully put it in the oven. I used a low temperature (325 deg) to start. You don't need the pizza stone – that's just where I store it!.
- While the chicken is in the oven make a glaze. These are most of the ingredients..
- Cook the glaze over low heat..
- When the breast meat hits about 140 deg (F) pull the pan out and turn the oven up all the way (500 deg on my oven)..
- Brush 1/2 of the glaze on the chicken. Remove and veggies that are cooked..
- Cook at the high temperature until breast meat is about 160 deg F. (About 10-15 min) Carefully remove chicken, put on cutting board and brush with remaining glaze. Let cool for 20 minutes..
- This is the chicken carved with the veggies. Enjoy!.
- One more thing. Don't forget to throw the bones in a stock pot for delicious homemade stock!.
Set a large ovenproof skillet on a baking pan. Wash chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Mix dry ingredients in small bowl. Beercan chicken, also known as beer butt chicken, is a popular outdoor grill recipe, but it is not feasible for everyone, nor at any time of the year. The solution is this easy beercan chicken made in the oven.