Oven-Fried green tomatillos. This easy fried tomatillo recipe is a healthier twist on the crispy Southern favorite–fried green tomatoes. These oven-fried tomatillos make a tangy, dunkable appetizer or a decadent topping for a burger. Fried green tomatillos are a southwestern twist on a classic southern dish, fried green tomatoes.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Learn how to cook great Oven-fried green tomatillos. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Oven-fried green tomatillos recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. You can have Oven-Fried green tomatillos using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven-Fried green tomatillos
- You need 1 lb of tomatillos (Husked, Rinsed and cut into 1/2 inch slices..
- You need 1 of Canola or olive oil spray.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of White, Whole-Wheat or all-pupose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of creole or cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of Large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low-fat mayo.
Get one of our Oven-fried green tomatillos recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Oven-Fried green tomatillos A healthy twist on the crispy southern favorite – Fried green tomatoes- Makes a dunkable appetizer or a decadent topping for a burger. See great recipes for Oven-Fried green tomatillos too! Fried tomatillos are delightfully akin to fried green tomatoes—but with that lovely lemony kick that make tomatillos so delicious, plus with a bit more "crunch" to them even after a turn in the hot oil.
Oven-Fried green tomatillos instructions
- Position a rack in lower third of oven; Preheat iven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray..
- Sprinkle tomatillos with salt and pepper. Combine flour, Garlic powder and seasoning in a shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in another dish. Place bread crumbs in a third. Dredge the tamotillos in the flor mixture, then the egg and then the bread crumbs. Place on the prepared sheet and generously spray with cooking spray..
- Bake the tomatillos, Turning once, Untill golden brown, Ten to Twelve minutes..
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup and mayo in a small bowl, Serve the tomatillos with the dipping sauce..
Use large tomatillos for this dish, otherwise, you'll have slices so small that you'll end up with more "fried" than "tomatillo." Try this healthy alternative to fried green tomatoes, oven fried green tomatillos with cajun seasoning make a tangy and delicious appetizer. If you grew up in the South, you understand the appeal of fried green tomatoes. The classic southern dish is a beloved staple in summertime dinners and outdoor get-togethers. The tomatoes deliver a mouthwatering tartness and juicy consistency that pairs perfectly with a satisfying crunch. On a piece of waxed paper, stir together the flour, semolina meal (or cornmeal), salt and pepper.