Pickle-Brined Chicken. Pickle Brine Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These juicy, flavorful chicken tenders are marinated in pickle juice then breaded and baked in the oven or air fryer! Pickle-Brined Chicken. © Simon Watson. "When you have leftover pickle juice, isn't it a waste not to use it to make chicken taste delicious?" asks Frank Falcinelli.
Brining chicken in pickle juice tenderizes the meat and amps up the flavor. A buttery dill sauce makes this dinner taste even more delicious. The pickle brine helps tenderize and flavor the chicken in a wonderful way. You can have Pickle-Brined Chicken using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickle-Brined Chicken
- Prepare 64 oz of Jar pickles.
- You need 6 of Bone in chicken thighs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Merlot wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Dry Dill weed.
You'd think however, that the chicken would taste like a huge pickle. Pickle juice and buttermilk lend this fried chicken zippy tang while ensuring moist, tender meat. Pickle Juice and Buttermilk Brined Fried Chicken. Pickle-Brined Chicken Tenders have a burst of flavor from pickle juice and are so juicy and tender.
Pickle-Brined Chicken step by step
- Drain pickles, reserving brine. Store, covered, in fridge up to two weeks. Place chicken in jar of brine. Cover and chill in fridge 8-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475?F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by lining with foil and spray with cooking spray. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine..
- In bowl, combine flour and pepper. Heat oil in large fry pan to medium high. Coat chicken in flour and place skin side down in hot oil. Fry 8 minutes to sear..
- Place in prepared pan, skin side up. Bake for 15 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and rest 5 minutes after removing from oven..
- Drain all but 1 tbsp oil from pan and add wine. Boil over medium-high heat for two minutes, loosening brown bits from pan with wooden spoon. Add broth, and bring to boil. cook down about 2 minutes..
- Add butter, stirring till melted. Remove from heat and stir in dill weed. Pour sauce over chicken and serve..
- Recipe tweaked from a magazine. Not sure if it was Good Housekeeping or Family Circle.
I love them dipped in honey mustard or BBQ sauce. Pickle-Brined Chicken Nuggets. by: Jess Pryles. To make the brine, combine the pickle juice and brown sugar in a bowl, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Pickle Brined Fried Chicken is the best way to make air fried chicken and a good way to use that old This is a delicious fried chicken recipe that uses up the brine left in the pickle jar when you've. Brined, boneless thighs are responsible for incredible dark-meat flavor, and the dredge technique creates an insanely crunchy coating on this fried chicken.