You can cook Kashmiri Pulao using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Pulao
- You need 1/2 cup of Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mixed nuts.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of cardamoms.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 of mace.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of peppercorns.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare pinch of saffron.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of dry ginger powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of fennel powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
Kashmiri Pulao instructions
- Soak the saffron in the milk for 15-20 minutes. Heat ghee and stir fry the mixed nuts till light golden in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same ghee with bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, mace, peppercorns, star anise and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion and stir fry till translucent. Add all the powdered spices, followed by the drained rice. Saute for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the saffron milk, 3/4 of the fried nuts and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and keep it covered for 15-20 minutes more. Serve, garnished with the remaining nuts..