Wild Mustard garlic leaf and red dead nettle & wild onion dolmas.
You can have Wild Mustard garlic leaf and red dead nettle & wild onion dolmas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wild Mustard garlic leaf and red dead nettle & wild onion dolmas
- You need 2 lbs of garlic mustard leaves.
- You need 1 cup of chopped red dead nettle.
- You need 1 Tbsp of minced wild garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of seasame seed oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pumpkin seed.
- It’s 1 cup of couscous uncooked.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 8 of pitted dates large.
- You need 1/4 of sliced almonds.
Wild Mustard garlic leaf and red dead nettle & wild onion dolmas instructions
- Blanch your garlic mustard leaves, I steam mine for about 2 minutes then air dry. The leaves will stick to each other. So I try to arrange them into my leaf wraps while they dry..
- Blanch for 1 minute your red nettle leaf and flower then chop. I like to use my ulu for this..
- Chop in your wild onion or garlic and break out the mortar and pestle. Combine your garlic, red dead nettle, pine nuts, sesame seed oil only add salt after you taste your pesto. Seriously! Salt is not important..
- Oil your pan and quick toast your quinoa, then add your couscous and water. Let it boil..
- Chop your dates and almonds..
- Add almonds and dates with 2-4 tbsp of your pesto. I like to cut the sweet with the pesto so I tend to have 4 tbsp of my pesto. Let it sit until it gets room temperature. Should be nice and thick..
- Build your dolmas!.
- Final stages. Brush your favorite oil and add some zest. I like lemon olive oil with some grapefruit zest. Enjoy!.