Chinese Style Orange Chicken. This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces, dredged, and then fried until golden and crispy. It is a sweet orange sauce made with orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and orange zest. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Mix the cornflour with the water, then add the mixture to the pan to thicken the sauce. Either will work in this recipe. Orange Chicken is not a traditional dish found in China. You can have Chinese Style Orange Chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Style Orange Chicken
- You need of Chicken breasts (cut into cubes).
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of All purpose flour.
- You need box of Orange juice.
- It’s of Vinegar.
- You need of Brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Orange [zest].
- You need of Corn Flour.
- It’s of Red chili.
- It’s of Ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Spring onions.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
It is a popular dish served at Chinese restaurants in North America, but it is most definitely not an authentic or traditional dish. What cut of chicken should I use to make orange chicken? Then you dredge the marinated chicken pieces in eggs followed by cornstarch and fry in hot oil until they're perfectly golden brown and crisp. Orange chicken is a Chinese-restaurant favorite for good reason.
Chinese Style Orange Chicken step by step
- First, marinate chicken in to salt & pepper and also diff. spices/seasoning. Then put the all purpose flour on it for coating..
- After that, fry it in a frying pan along with cooking oil and some butter. After that, set aside the chicken..
- For the Sauce: In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of orange juice, orange zest, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp soy sauce and the 1/2 cup water. Stir. Then add 2-3 tsp corn flour for thickening. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat some butter. Saute the ginger and garlic and also red chili..
- Next add the sauce mixture in it, stir until it's thick. Then season it with some salt and pepper..
- Add in the chicken. Let it cook for awhile..
- Serve with spring onions on top and some oranges on the side. Enjoy..
Think of it as a Chinese-American version of fried chicken nuggets coated in a savory citrus sauce punctuated with a light touch of. Best recipe for Orange Chicken that I've ever found. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion and red chilli flakes. Orange Chicken is a super popular Chinese fast food dish of Hunan origin that features chopped, battered, and fried chicken pieces coated in a sweet orange-flavored, caramelized chili sauce. The version that most people are familiar with in the U.