Veggies Wellington. Using squash and mushroom, it's great for Christmas dinner. The vegetable wellington is the answer. This recipe has been lovingly developed and practised many times over the last few weeks, and we're very pleased to put it out there.
Egg wash the whole thing and use a fork or blunt cutlery knife to score the pastry in a pretty pattern. This lavish vegetarian Wellington recipe from Andy Waters would make a fantastic centrepiece for a vegetarian Sunday lunch or even Christmas Day. This puff pastry parcel is bursting with sweet potatoes, mushrooms, kale and spinach, plus some festive chestnuts, too. You can cook Veggies Wellington using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veggies Wellington
- Prepare 2 stalks of spinach (chop and clean).
- Prepare 1 tsp of margarine.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped shallot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut cream.
- It’s 1 cup of assorted mushroom.
- It’s 1 tsp of margarine.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced leek.
- You need 1 cup of beetroot (canned).
- You need 2 tsp of chopped shallot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry (thaw 30 second).
- You need of red wine.
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- It’s of corn starch slurry.
Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cut decorative leaves and stems from remaining pastry, press onto top of Wellington, and brush with egg. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool. On a baking sheet, drizzle the butternut squash with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
Veggies Wellington step by step
- Sweat chopped shallot with margarine, add spinach, coconut cream, salt and pepper to taste, cook until tender and creamy.
- Sautee leek with oil, add mushroom, margarine, salt and pepper. set aside and blitz to fine texture.
- Sautee garlic mince and shallot with little oil, add drained beetroot, rosemary, smoked paprika, thyme and salt to taste. set aside then blitz it for fine texture.
- Preheat oven to 210 celcius. Thawed puff pastry, smear creamy spinach, then blitzed mushroom and beetroot in the middle, enclose to fold the pastry then trim the both side. Bake for 30 mins.
- For the red wine jus, i heat up some vegetable stock and pour red wine, then reduce, finish it with corn starch slurry..
Toss to coat, then spread in an even layer. When a craving for beef Wellington strikes, you have two options: You could indulge and spend the rest of the night in a food coma, or you could try our lightened-up veggie Wellington instead. And with the help of store-bought puff-pastry sheets, this twist on a comfort-food classic couldn't be easier to make. Coming up with a vegan holiday roast is a daunting task! It can't just take the place of the turkey or the prime rib nutritionally, it's got to cover all of those mental bases as well.