Dum aloo. Dum aloo recipe – Easy, delicious, creamy & flavorful restaurant style dum aloo recipe made of Dum aloo is one of the classic Indian dishes served in a special meals like weddings, celebrations or. Dum Aloo is a delicious recipe of baby potatoes cooked in a gravy. Kashmiri Dum Aloo & Restaurant Style. dum aloo recipe is one of the simple and basic veg curries of india. there are other versions of this finally do visit my other curry or sabzi recipes with this post of punjabi dum aloo recipe. it includes like.
Dum Aloo is a North Indian curry made with baby potatoes that are simmered in onion and tomato Dum aloo is also my mom's signature recipe that I grew up eating. It is a combination of perfectly. I wanted to try Dum Aloo recipe for so long,but never happened. You can cook Dum aloo using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dum aloo
- Prepare 25 of baby potatoes.
- You need 2 of onions sliced.
- You need 3 of tomatoes sliced.
- Prepare 1 of ” ginger.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kashmiri Lal mirch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- It’s 4-5 of black pepper corns.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- You need 10-12 of cashews soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2-3 of cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
Each time when I buy small potato,I end up in making other small potato recipes like small potato curry or small potato biryani. Aloo Dum is an exotic delicious main dish. Just the smell of aloo dum can make you hungry! To make this dish, potatoes are fried and then soaked in the spicy aromatic gravy.
Dum aloo step by step
- Wash and peel the skin of baby potatoes. With the help of a fork pierce the potatoes from all sides and put them in a sauce pan with 1/2 a tsp of salt and boil till it’s almost done. Shut the flame and drain the water..
- In a non stick pan add a tsp of oil and pan fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown from all sides..
- In a grinder add onions, ginger, garlic, green chilli and make a paste..
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds. Put this in a dry grinder and grind into a powder. Add Kashmiri Lal mirch and turmeric to it and give another round so that all masalas mix well..
- Grind the tomatoes and soaked cashews and make a paste..
- In a non stick pan heat oil, add all the khada masalas like black pepper corn, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardamom and let it cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the onion paste to it and cook till onions turn nice brown..
- Add salt, garam masala, and the dry masala powder and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato purée into it and let it cook till the oil separates..
- Add yogurt and chopped coriander leaves at this point and mix well..
- Add the pan fried potatoes into it and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add water around 1 cup and let it simmer for another 5 minutes..
- Switch off the flame and before serving add crushed kasuri methi and some cream for garnishing. Serve this with any Indian bread of your choice…. I paired it up with lachha paranthas..
Banarasi dum aloo is deep fried baby potatoes in rich and creamy Indian tomato gravy. dum aloo Preparation for Banarasi dum aloo doesn't take much time and this recipe is simply low of effort yet. Why is it that when you are stuck at "what should we cook today" the answer is always "make some aloo!" Dum Aloo is a spicy potato curry from Kashmir, one of the world's most naturally Typically, Kashmiri cuisine tends to be heavy on meat. But the Kashmiri Dum Aloo I have for you today is one of the few. Aloo Dum is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with baby potatoes that are simmered in a yogurt based sauce and spiced with garam masala. Goes well with rotis or rice.