Sweet Cauliflower Pickle. How to make your own sweet pickled cauliflower, better than the sweet pickle Sweet Pickled Cauliflower for #SundaySupper. Easy recipe for Pickled Cauliflower with the added bonus of pickling red bell peppers and carrots too. Photographs and a how-to video included.
A recipe for pickled cauliflower the way you used to see on Italian giardiniera antipasto platters: cauliflower, fennel, mustard seed, coriander and chile. Drain the cauliflower and rinse it to remove excess salt. In your pickling pot, which should be a large, non-reactive stainless or porcelain. You can have Sweet Cauliflower Pickle using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Cauliflower Pickle
- You need 1 head of cauliflower.
- You need 2 large of onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard mild english or dijon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 4 cup of good quality white wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
Chopped red pepper adds pops of color to this sweet pickled cauliflower. Cauliflower pickle is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches. Pickle can be refrigerated for about one week. These days carrots, cauliflower and turnip are available in plenty in the market.
Sweet Cauliflower Pickle step by step
- cut onions and large cauliflower head into very small pieces and put in a lge non metallic bowl cover veg with water and add salt let sit overnight.
- Drain and rinse vegetables and set aside. While your sauce is simmering blanch cauliflower by steaming or boiling for 3 minutes then drain.
- in bottom of large heavy saucepan put mustard, tumeric, flour, honey, and sugar with one cup of the vinegar and mix to a smooth paste. Add the rest of the vinegar and boil gently for 20 to 30 minutes till nicely thickened like smooth gravy.
- Add vegetables and simmer for another 10 minutes, less if you want a crisper pickle. bottle immediately while hot in sterilized jars..
- Serve on sandwiches or with cold meat and cheese platters and some red wine.
- if you like a sweeter pickle add another half cup of sugar or honey. If you want a clear pickle omit the mustard. You can substitute any firm vegetables if desired such as carrots cucumber beans celery etc.
- For a faster result use a food processor to dice veg. then soak vegetables for two hours in extra salted water instead of overnight.
- makes about 8 to 10 small jars.
The spicy combination of pickled jalapenos, carrots, and onions known as escabeche gets a twist with cauliflower in this recipe from Tacolicious. Carrot Cauliflower Pickle is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Pickles and Chutneys. This pickled cauliflower is tangy but also retains a crunch and hint of cauliflower flavor. It's a quick pickle, meaning the veg is just barely blanched in the brine before going into the jar. Pickled cauliflower can be enjoyed on its own as a healthy snack or served alongside a variety of meats and main dishes.