Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken. You can add some water halfway during the cooking process to help control grease splattering, in your oven. This recipe for Easy Southern Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken is so close to the real thing, I don't miss real fried chicken at all. While I wouldn't call oven-fried chicken a health food, it's certainly healthier than traditional fried chicken, and one might even go so far as to say it's "healthy-ish".
Learning how to bake chicken in the oven doesn't have to be complicated; there are so many options! While chicken breast recipes are great, we tend to go for the unexpected choice. Classic chicken pot pie, crispy chicken. You can cook Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken
- You need 1 of preheated 425 degree oven.
- It’s 1 of roasting pan with wire rack.
- You need 1 of instant read meat thermometer.
- You need 1 of whole 4-5 lb roasting chicken.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of room temperature butter.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
See great recipes for Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken too! Oven Fried Chicken That Tastes Like Deep Fried! In a large bowl, combine all of the brine ingredients and stir until the salt has dissolved. Combine KFC's secret recipe for its breading with two cups of flour to thoroughly coat your chicken pieces after dipping in an egg and milk wash.
Southern Style Brined Oven Roasted Crispy Chicken instructions
- Refer to my Southern Style Brined Chicken recipe for the brining process..
- Salt and pepper inside of chicken cavity. Rub butter over all of chicken skin. Liberally salt and pepper the chicken all over the skin. Tie the legs and wings together with butchers twine. It helps to have two have two people doing this. Place chicken in roasting pan breast side up..
- Roast chicken at 425°F for the first 15 minutes. Then reduce oven to 350°F, and roast approximately 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees. You can add some water halfway during the cooking process to help control grease splattering, in your oven..
- Chicken will be perfectly done when internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees. That's why an instant read thermometer is important. Over cook and you have a tough and dry chicken..
- When chicken is done, remove and let rest uncovered for at least 20 minutes. If you cover with foil, your crispy skin is a soggy mess..Cut up as desired and enjoy..
- Feel free to add any extra herbs, and spices that you like. I have written this recipe as a guideline. Great for Turkey as well. With pork just as good. Adjust your internal temperature with a pork loin to 145°F internal temperature..
Place chicken, breast side down, on a cutting board. Using poultry shears, cut along both sides of backbone, and remove backbone. Crispy and Tender Baked Chicken Thighs. so when I read that this oven chicken would turn out crispy, and also rival the grill, I had to take a shot!!! My girlfriend raved about this chicken, and said it was my best yet!. skin off & treating it like another side-dish! This was, BY FAR, the best, most honest & simple chicken thigh recipe we.