Mutton Dalcha – Hyderabadi style.
You can have Mutton Dalcha – Hyderabadi style using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mutton Dalcha – Hyderabadi style
- Prepare 300 gm of mutton on bones, washed and drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chana dal, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of shah jeera.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 of of a medium size bottle gourd, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ghee.
- It’s 2 of long eggplants, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 of potato, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s as needed of coriander leaves, sliced lemon & fresh chilli to garnish (opt).
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Mutton Dalcha – Hyderabadi style instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with shah jeera, cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamoms and cloves. Saute for a few seconds. Add onion and fry on a low flame till light brown..
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder mixed with 1/2 cup water. Saute till oil separates from the sides of the pan..
- Add chopped tomatoes and continue to fry till mashed well..
- Add the mutton and salt. Fry on low flame till dry..
- Add the soaked dal, chopped potato, bottle gourd and eggplants..
- Add 2 cups water & tamarind water. Pressure cook for 25 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle..
- Heat ghee in a pan and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add red chilli powder and switch off the flame..
- Pour the tempering over the Mutton Dalcha. Garnish with coriander leaves, sliced lemon and fresh chilli. Serve with Kuska Biryani for an exotic restaurant style meal..