You can cook Chole pulao using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chole pulao
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Boiled chickpeas.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 pinch of Hing / asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato chopped.
- Prepare as needed of Green coriander leaves for garnishing.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- It’s 5 of Peppers.
- You need 2 of Cardamom.
- It’s Cloves of 5.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of Red chilli powder as preferred.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Chole pulao step by step
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf and the whole cloves pepper cinnamon and cardamom..
- Add chopped onions and green chillies. Add tomatoes. When done add turmeric powder and salt. Add the chickpeas. Add red chilli powder. Cook for a few minutes..
- Add rice and mix. Add 2 cups of warm water. Add the garam masala. Cook for one whistle. Remove the pressure with a spoon and add coriander leaves and fluff the rice with a fork.serve with raita.