Pachi Mamidikaya Pappu.
You can have Pachi Mamidikaya Pappu using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pachi Mamidikaya Pappu
- It’s 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 of medium size raw mango, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chilies.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2-3 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp. of urad dal.
- You need 1 tsp. of chana dal.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Pachi Mamidikaya Pappu instructions
- Boil the dal, mango, green chilies and turmeric powder with 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Mash well and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with red chilies, mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion, garlic and curry leaves. Stir fry till light brown..
- Add the coriander powder and red chilli powder. Give it a stir..
- Add the boiled dal & salt. Simmer for 2-3 minutes & switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot steamed rice..