Coconut Milk Rice.
You can cook Coconut Milk Rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmathi rice (Soaked for 25 – 30 minutes).
- You need 1.5 cups of Coconut milk (Homemade).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s 1 inch of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 of Cardamoms.
- It’s 3 of Cloves.
- Prepare 2 of Onions sliced thinly.
- It’s 6 of Garlic pods.
- It’s 3 of Green chillies sliced.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
Coconut Milk Rice instructions
- Make coconut milk and keep aside. For making coconut milk put coconut pieces in the mixer add a cup of warm water and grind it. Squeeze the milk and again add half a cup of water and grind it. Squeeze again. Take 1.5 cups of coconut milk and keep aside..
- Heat ghee and oil in deep pan, add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Once this done add onions, garlic and green chillies all together. Saute till onions are slightly brown. Now add the drained rice. Don't stir too much just mix a bit..
- Now add the coconut milk and let it boil. Reduce the flame to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes in simmer..
- After 10 minutes remove off heat and let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes for the rice to done completely. After 20 minutes, gently fluff the rice and serve hot..
- If you want to make this rice so rich you can add cashews and raisins according to your taste..
- Serve hot with any curries as your wish..