Chinese Tomato Scrambled Egg. Well-seasoned eggs scrambled until just-set combine at the last moment with a sweet-tart ginger-tomato sauce. Serve with lots of steamed rice. When tomatoes are out of season, canned tomatoes in juice work best.
It is very simple so that many housewives and working class people would cook it very frequently. Tomatoes, eggs and spring onions may seem like simple, basic ingredients but the subtle complexity of this dish is often overlooked as it is such a humble and easy-to-cook dish. Tomato and egg stir fry is the most popular dish on Chinese table. You can have Chinese Tomato Scrambled Egg using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Tomato Scrambled Egg
- Prepare 3 of eggs (beaton).
- It’s 2 of tomatoes (boiled and peeled).
- You need 3 of garlic (chopped).
- It’s of Spring Onion (chopped).
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
It is quick, easy but really not that simple to make the perfect version. The egg should be tender, wrapped with tomato juice and highlighted by a faint scallion aroma. This dish is one of the best partner of steamed rice, steamed buns or even noodles. This dish (Chinese: Fān qié chǎo dàn) has been passed down through my dad's side of the family for ages; I remember my grandpa making it when I was little, and my dad making it every now and then.
Chinese Tomato Scrambled Egg instructions
- Boiled the tomatoes and once it's boiled, let it cool then peel ans cut diced..
- Chop garlic and spring onion.
- Beat the egg then season with salt, sugar. Then put garlics and spring onion in..
- Heat the cooking oil, put the tomatoes in. Next, add the egg in, scramble, add some water if it gets dry..
It's by no means a secret through—scrambled eggs with tomato are popular throughout the Zhejiang province in China. When I was teaching English in China and missing my parents, I would go to. Stir fry wedged tomatoes til tender and put the eggs back into the heat together with the tomatoes. Stir till both eggs and tomatoes are done. Alternatively, tomatoes are fried first for about a minute, then salt is added, and eggs are added last.