American chicken pie. Simple Chicken Pot Pie Simple Cooking with Heart brings you this classic American comfort food recipe that is so easy and delicious, you may never pick the frozen version again. It is bursting with colorful veggies and tender chicken; plus it's much lower in sodium and fat than the packaged variety. Chicken pie is one of our favourite dinner or festive dishes.
Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then spread apple butter evenly over each breast. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. You can have American chicken pie using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of American chicken pie
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of garlic.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 cup of chicken soup.
- Prepare 100 ml of cooking cream.
- You need 2 envelope of puff pastry.
- You need 1 of salt/pepper.
- Prepare 1 of provencal herbs or oregano.
- Prepare 1 of egg and butter to bake.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
Gradually stir in broth and milk. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat. I am Chicken Pie and I make AMVs! In the same saute pan or skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat.
American chicken pie instructions
- Peel the onion and slice it small.
- cut and slice the leek.
- Dice the carrot.
- chop the garlic.
- remove the chicken breast fat and dice them.
- Add olive oil in the skillet and when it gets warm add the vegetables.
- wait 10 minutes aprox. and then add the diced chicken.
- when the chicken gets color, add the flour and stir until it gets toasted.
- then add the cup of chicken soup and, if you wish, the herbs or the oregano.
- wait 10 minutes and add the cooking cream and stir.
- oil the baking tin with the butter, put one puff pastry and fit it.
- remember to prick the pastry in order not to pump up.
- pour the mixture in and cover it with the other pastry. Adjusts the edges and remove the leftover. Don't throw it, reserve for the pie decoration.
- make the decoration as your desire, using the pastry leftovers.
- varnish the pie with the egg so it gets a nice colour when baked.
- preheat the oven to 200°C and bake the pie 30 minutes in both sides.
- unmold and serve. Appetit!.
Chicken pot pie is a hearty American wintertime dish that uses produce in season during the cold months of fall and winter. Classic recipes have the chicken stew encased entirely in flaky pastry. This simpler version uses a tasty biscuit topping instead. Pot pie is a great way to use up leftover meats and vegetables in your refrigerator. Everybody will fall in love with this easy Chicken Pot Pie!!