Spicy turkey sausage mushroom and rice skillet. Slice open and remove the casings from sausage. Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray, heat over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, mushrooms, and onion, breaking up the sausage with a fork.
If desired, serve with hot sauce. The Best Smoked Turkey Sausage Recipes on Yummly Savory Italian Sausage rice is simple and delicious. You can cook Spicy turkey sausage mushroom and rice skillet using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy turkey sausage mushroom and rice skillet
- It’s 2 packs of hot turkey sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 pack of mushrooms chopped.
- It’s 3-4 cups of cooked rice (or 2 cups uncooked then use 5 cups chicken stock).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of adobo seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom healthy request.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light cream.
The type of sausage use is entirely up to you. I really like a sausage that's savory and zippy. In other words, something that has a kick to it. Stir in the cooked rice, sausage, remaining chicken broth, pepper and onions until combined.
Spicy turkey sausage mushroom and rice skillet step by step
- Preheat oven to 375, In a large oven safe pot cook the 2 packs of sausage for 25 min.
- Remove pot from oven and place sausage on cutting board to cool a bit..
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pot with a little olive oil. Sauté until translucent. Dice the sausage up at this time..
- Add cooked rice and a little chicken broth to thin out. Add seasoning, then reduce heat to low and add cream of mushroom and light cream. Add sausage and heat through..
- If using uncooked rice add at the same time but add chicken broth and cook for 2 min until broth is absorbed. Follow rest of recipe the same.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broth and seasoning blend, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. This recipe is an adaptation of my Cabbage and Sausage Skillet. If you love comfort food casseroles like this one, check out a few of these recipes too! Chicken & Stuffing Casserole – An addictive casserole recipe with Pepperidge Farm stuffing, sour cream and chicken.; Smothered Chicken Casserole – Layers of creamy potatoes (think Potatoes Au Gratin) topped with chicken, smothered with cheese and bacon!; Pork Chop Casserole – An easy pork chop bake made.