Hacked 'Cream' of Broccoli (Low Carb/Fat/Dairy Free). Cream of Broccoli Soup is a favorite of mine, this slimmed down version is so good, and it's quick and easy to prepare. Serve it with some crusty bread! Most creamed soups are loaded with cream or flour which make them high in fat and calories.
Ready to give broccoli a make-over of epic proportions? So simple yet profound… the answer is butter. Fry up the broccoli alone, or with scallions and capers. You can cook Hacked 'Cream' of Broccoli (Low Carb/Fat/Dairy Free) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hacked 'Cream' of Broccoli (Low Carb/Fat/Dairy Free)
- You need 1 pound of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 pound of brocolli.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of nutritional yeast (optional).
- You need 1 TBSP of psyllium husk (optional).
- Prepare of Salt/Pepper (to taste).
Serve with eggs, meat or any kind of fish. Add heavy cream and chicken broth, stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Lowcarb-ology » Main Dish » Cream of Broccoli Soup – Low-Carb Comfort Food.
Hacked 'Cream' of Broccoli (Low Carb/Fat/Dairy Free) instructions
- I usually use frozen cauliflower and microwave it for 8 minutes for making it into mashed cauliflower (or in this case the base for the soup).
- Put the Cauliflower in a food processor and let it churn for a bit. The goal is to let it pureed into a liquid. (you probably could use a little chicken broth for this too, I didn't but probably would be a great idea).
- Chop the Broccolli up into the right sized for the soup..
- Put all of it in a big pan on the stove and bring it to a near boil with the onions, yeast, and some salt and pepper, and the broccolli..
- You can add the cauliflower in at anytime during this process. I usually am prepping the cauliflower as the rest of it is starting to boil..
- Let it boil for a bit (no dairy so no worries of scalding). Bring to a simmer. It will eventually tighten up after about 20 minutes (I didn't time it, but it's a rough guess). If you want to force it to tighten up you can add the psyllium husk (but forewarned, it will turn the soup into a literal almost 'gelatin' like state if your too heavy handed)..
Cream of broccoli soup is heavy duty comfort food. It's has a rich, creamy, buttery goodness that always cheers me up. The fact that it's low carb is just one more reason to love it! Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. Stir in the ham, broccoli, and grated cheese.