Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice. Great recipe for Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice. I don't recall if this is an old Betty Crocker or a Campbell's recipe but, it's been around since I was a cub. Either way, it's definitely an easy, inexpensive comfort food the whole family will appreciate!
It gives me time to get a tasty salad & side of veggies ready. Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole, Creamy Chicken Ritz Casserole, Ritz Chicken Casserole. Crock pot recipes are one of the easiest ways to cook and my favorite way to save time in the kitchen. You can have Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- It’s of Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole.
- It’s 1 can of 10.5 oz Campbell's Cream Of Chicken Soup [condensed].
- You need 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts Or, 1.5 Pounds [raw – fat trimmed – quartered].
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Long Grain White Rice [uncooked].
- You need 2 cup of Vegetable Melody [corn – green beans – broccoli – carrots – peas].
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Onion Powder – Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Shreadded Cheese [or less – room temp].
- You need of Equipment.
- Prepare 1 large of Oven Safe Baking Dish [with lid].
My crock pot cheesy chicken is to die for and the flavor is outstanding. Each bite is loaded with cheese, super flavorful and creamy. Smelling this crock pot cheesy chicken as it cooked throughout the night was amazing. This is a favorite of my family.
Mike's EZ Cheesy Chicken & Rice instructions
- Heat oven to 375°..
- Whisk your wet ingredients and spices well. Then add rice and vegetable melody and mix..
- I usually brine my chicken if not grilling it to ensure its juciness. If you're interested – simply quarter your chicken breasts [or, leave them whole – it's up to you] add enough water to cover chicken and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons salt. Also, 1 tablespoon Onion Powder and 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder. Massage well and place in the fridge for 2 hours. A little longer if you're leaving large pieces whole. Ziplock Bags work well. If not, just rinse, trim fat and throw them in your oven safe dish..
- Bake covered for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Important: Stir dish once during baking. Check after 50 mins to ensure both the rice and chicken are fully cooked. If not, bake longer and intermittently check / stir your dish. Do not bake on a cookie sheet as it will drastically effect your baking time..
- Once they are – stir dish and top casserole with your three quarters [or less] cup of shredded cheese. Place back in the oven for 5+ additional minutes or, until cheese is melted..
- Allow casserole to set for at least 10 minutes covered before serving. Enjoy!.
Also a favorite of mine because it is very quick to put together. I modified it from a recipe found in a Land O Lakes recipe brochure. I use turkey instead of chicken because it is available pre-packaged at my local grocery store. We love this chicken casserole not only because it is easy to prepare, but the cheesy noodles pair so well with the chunks of chicken and smoky bacon. This dish is nice and creamy, but the panko topping ads a great, crunchy texture.