Drumstick Leaves Dal.
You can cook Drumstick Leaves Dal using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick Leaves Dal
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 cup of (tightly packed) drumstick leaves.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chilies.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of dry red chilies, broken.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 5-6 of garlic, chopped / crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
Drumstick Leaves Dal step by step
- Pressure cook the soaked dal, drumstick leaves, tomatoes & green chilies with 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Mash slightly and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilies, curry leaves and garlic. Saute till the garlic changes colour..
- Add turmeric powder and salt and give it a stir..
- Add the boiled dal & tamarind paste. Simmer for 4-5 minutes..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..