Sojne Pata diye Bhaja Muger Dal (Drumstick Dal – Bengali Style).
You can have Sojne Pata diye Bhaja Muger Dal (Drumstick Dal – Bengali Style) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sojne Pata diye Bhaja Muger Dal (Drumstick Dal – Bengali Style)
- You need 1/2 cup of moong dal (green gram), dry roasted & soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 cup of (tightly packed) drumstick leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of panch phoron.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- You need 2 of green chilies, slit.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
Sojne Pata diye Bhaja Muger Dal (Drumstick Dal – Bengali Style) instructions
- Pressure cook the soaked dal, drumstick leaves and 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Mash slightly and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan. Temper with dry red chilies, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, ginger, panch phoron and turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the boiled dal, green chilies & salt. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes on a low flame..
- When done, switch off the flame and add the ghee. Give it a stir..
- Serve with plain steamed rice, accompanied with some aloo bhaja (potato fry), begun bhaja (eggplant fry) or papad for a wholesome simple meal..