Bread and butter pickles. Although sweet pickles are my favorite, bread and butter pickles run a close second. Their sweet and tangy crunch are pretty irresistible. I tried my Bread and Butter Pickles after just a few hours and they tasted perfectly pickled to me.
This was my husband's grandmother's recipe. Store-bought pickles don't even come close. Bread & Butter Pickles – Crunchy, Tangy, & Just the Right Amount of Sweet! You can cook Bread and butter pickles using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread and butter pickles
- It’s 7 cup of sliced cucumbers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pickling spices McCormick brand.
- You need 1 tsp of whole yellow mustard seed.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 3 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 quart of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dill weed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of juniper berries.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
Bubbie may be the master of the salt-brined pickle, but she has a special gift for creating sweeter snacks as well! Bubbies Bread and Butter Chips are an unqualified success. Sweet pickle lovers enjoy the crunchy taste on just about everything. Try bread-and-butter pickles on sandwiches or burgers, as a complement to field peas, or as a snack with whole-grain mustard, cheddar cheese, and crackers.
Bread and butter pickles instructions
- Boil vinegar.
- Fill jar halfway with chips add spices.
- Add rest of cucumber chips.
- Pour boiling vinegar in jar put lid on and shake let sit 2 weeks.
My father adores bread and butter pickles so for a little gift I made him a batch of these. Rave reviews all around and so easy! Bread and Butter Pickles How to Make Easy Refrigerator Pickles Now I make bread and butter pickles for my own kids all of the time!—Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana. My mom always made this crisp bread and butter pickle recipe when we were kids, and she gave me the recipe. They're pleasantly tart and so good.