Amloki Dal (Gooseberry Dal – Bengali Style).
You can have Amloki Dal (Gooseberry Dal – Bengali Style) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amloki Dal (Gooseberry Dal – Bengali Style)
- It’s 1/2 cup of masoor dal (red lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 3-4 of amlas (gooseberries), finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 of dry red chilies.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
Amloki Dal (Gooseberry Dal – Bengali Style) step by step
- Pressure cook the dal in 1 cup water for 3-4 whistles. When cool, blend it and add 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder. (Add more water if a liquid consistency is desired). Add the chopped amla and again pressure cook for a further 3 whistles..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the red chilies and mustard seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the boiled dal and salt..
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes on low to medium flame. When done, serve with plain steamed rice and some papad or fried potatoes as an accompaniment..