Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel. Baked Apples: Delicious & Simple. (Bratapfel): This is one of my favorite cold days/holiday desserts. Theoretically, you can have this anytime during the year of course, but it's just one of those things that taste the best when the holidays are just right around the corner. There will be quite a bit of liquid from the apple itself and the water you put in before baking.
German baked apples or bratapfeln are a common treat when the weather turns colder. Christmas and winter would not be the same without the smell of apples baking in the oven after returning from a long walk through the woods or a day of sledding. Bratapfel – oven baked apples – 🇨🇭 Swiss 🇨🇭 desert Thore Hildebrandt.. You can have Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel
- It’s 5 of large baking apples (e.g. boskop).
- Prepare 36 g of chopped pecans.
- It’s 115 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 g of cinnamon.
- It’s 65 g of plant based butter.
EASY Baked Apples Recipe – Duration:. Bratapfel selber machen, Heiligabend, Heiliger Abend – Duration:. Core apples all the way through (I used Jonathan apples) and peel a thin ring of skin off around the middle of each apple so they can "breathe". Stuff apples with the brown sugar and butter premixed, and place apples in water mixture.
Oven Baked Apples / Bratapfel step by step
- Oven 185℃.
- Wash and core apples leaving the core's base to contain filling.
- Combine chopped pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Create five equal roll log shapes from the butter mix.
- Place the butter rolls into the apple cavities by patting in the tops.
- Add 1/2c of water into casserole in which you will place the apples to bake.
- Apples into the oven and let bake for 45 minutes.
- Readiness depends on whether they are soft, not broken (that's too much oventime then) and sugar-butter-mix is nicely melted and a bit caramelized on top.
- Take out, let cool for 5/10min and serve.
- There will be quite a bit of liquid from the apple itself and the water you put in before baking. You can use this to pour a bit over each apple before serving. I was wondering how it might taste in a smoothie or even in homemade ice cream..
Baked apples filled with marzipan are super delicious as a dessert after a festive dinner such as the Christmas dinner. In a previous article we featured the German Roasted Goose which is the absolute traditional German Christmas meal. The half baked cookies… the chocolate lava cakes with oozing centers… the stuffed and baked apples… I always find it extremely hard to resist something hot, right out of the oven. The smells are just too apparent! Bratapfel is a German treat this time of year and keeps right on through Christmas time.