Oven Poached Salmon. Oven-Poached Salmon Fillets Oven-Poached Salmon Fillets. The trick for perfectly cooked salmon is to bake the fish in a little liquid — you can use wine, stock, and even water. After adding the liquid, cover the fish with parchment paper or foil and bake until just cooked.
Place three on top of each salmon fillet. Sprinkle over lime juice and zest. Lift up the opposite sides of the parchment and fold together. You can cook Oven Poached Salmon using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Poached Salmon
- Prepare 4 (6-8 oz) of salmon filets.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger.
Seal the ends and place on a round baking tray,spaced apart. Serve oven poached salmon immediately on warmed serving plates. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, but do not open packet until ready to serve or to use. Tip The whole poached salmon may be served hot or cold.
Oven Poached Salmon step by step
- Mix all marinade ingredients well in a glass baking dish, large enough to accommodate the fish..
- Place salmon filets skin side up in the marinade. Make sure salmon is mostly immersed in the liquid. You can do 6-8 pieces with this amount of marinade, depending on the size..
- Cover and let marinate for 4-8 hours in the fridge..
- To bake: flip the filets to skin side down. Pour out some of the marinade, if necessary, so the top of the filets are above the liquid. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish..
A portion of it can be used to make salmon mousse (see recipe). Salmon fillet baked in an oven and served with delicious homemade White Butter Sauce ( see recipe below). White Butter Sauce Recipe This is the classic sauce of French cooking; it is very easy to make if your butter is very cold, so put in the freezer for a while and after cut into cubes. Using a grater or microplane, zest the lemon and save it, then juice the lemon. In a large, rimmed baking sheet, carefully mix the first four.