Masoor Dal Chorchori.
You can cook Masoor Dal Chorchori using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Masoor Dal Chorchori
- It’s 3/4 cup of masoor dal (red lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- You need 2 of dry red chilies, broken into half.
- Prepare 1-2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp. of kalonji (nigella seeds).
- You need 2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ginger, grated.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of raw mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Masoor Dal Chorchori instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with red chilies, bay leaves and kalonji. After it stops sizzling, add the onion and ginger and saute till light brown..
- Add the soaked masoor dal, salt and turmeric powder and fry for 2 minutes. Add 1 and 3/4 cup water and the raw mustard oil and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles..
- Let it stand for a while. When cool, remove the lid and serve, garnished with coriander leaves. Best had with plain steamed rice..