Moong Dal Bahar.
You can cook Moong Dal Bahar using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moong Dal Bahar
- It’s 1/2 cup of split moong dal (green gram), soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of raw mango, chopped.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of cream.
- Prepare As required of coriander leaves, fried onions, fresh red chilies, curry leaves & few drops of cream to garnish (opt).
Moong Dal Bahar step by step
- Pressure cook the lentil in 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Whisk and keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan and temper with cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves. Fry on a medium flame till light brown..
- Now add the turmeric powder and salt. Mix well..
- Add the tomatoes & mango pieces. Fry till they are mashed up nicely..
- Add the boiled dal and give it a stir. Simmer for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the cream and combine everything well..
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves, fried onions, curry leaves, fresh red chilies and few drops of cream. Enjoy with plain steamed rice, jeera rice, plain biryani or any form of Indian bread..