Oven roasted chicken cacciatore. Add the chicken pieces to the sauce, skin side up. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Dredge the chicken in the flour.
This is a classic Italian dish, that is quite popular in North America, as well as Italy. In North America, cacciatore is typically made with chicken that has been cooked in a tomato based marinara sauce. You can bake it in the oven or in your crockpot or slow cooker, it's a healthy, gluten free recipe. You can have Oven roasted chicken cacciatore using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven roasted chicken cacciatore
- You need 4 of chicken quarters.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 12 oz of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large pepper, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 14 1/2 oz of canned tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chipped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Chicken: If you want to use a whole fryer chicken (cut into pieces), increase the ingredients by another third so there is enough sauce. Bone-in, skin-on chicken is best for this recipe. There's no need to sauté the meat or stand over the stove. Instead, this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Cacciatore recipe uses the oven to braise boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a thick, rich tomato sauce with plenty of fresh vegetables.
Oven roasted chicken cacciatore step by step
- Remove skin from chicken and trim visible fat..
- Heat oil in a large pan in the oven for 2 minutes..
- Combine flour, 1 tsp salt, oregano and pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken pieces, tossing to coat well with the mixture..
- Arrange chicken on hot oil in the pan and bake for 20 minutes..
- Stir mushrooms, pepper and onions into the pan with chicken. Bake for 15 more minutes, stirring once..
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, wine and remaining 1/4 tsp salt, breaking up tomatoes with a fork..
- Broil for 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley..
Cut chicken breasts crosswise in half. Add canned tomatoes with liquid and combine thoroughly. Nestle chicken in roasted vegetables and pour wine mixture over the top. Remove the chicken from the pot and place on a plate. Remove the vegetables and place them on another plate.