Roasted Urad Dal Fry. Urad dal vada recipe (no onion recipe) – these deep fried fritters are popularly known as medhu vadai or ulundu vada. Since this is a no onion. Urad Dal recipe video in Hindi by Nisha Madhulika.
Urad dal flour is used to make deep-fried jar snacks like Butter Murruku, Thattai. They can be made in large batches and stored in air-tight containers. Fry urad dal till it turns a light brown color and let cool. You can have Roasted Urad Dal Fry using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Urad Dal Fry
- It’s 1/2 cup of split urad dal, dry roasted & soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of panch phoron.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of asafoetida.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Blend roasted urad dal and jaggery into a find powder. Sift the powder and reblend the residue. Repeat the process until all the flour gets sifted through. This Dal Fry recipe is one of my absolute favorites.
Roasted Urad Dal Fry instructions
- Pressure cook the roasted urad dal in 1 & 1/2 cups water, onion, green chilies, turmeric powder, ginger and 1 tsp. oil for 4-5 whistles. Whisk slightly and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with panch phoron and asafoetida. After it stops spluttering, add the ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the boiled dal and salt to taste. Simmer on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Add ghee and coriander leaves. Mix well and switch of the flame..
It's packed with flavor, really easy to make and tastes so good with rice. Just give him this dal and rice, and he will be the happiest. He can pretty much eat this combo everyday and not complain. Dry roast urad dal in a pan till they turn to slightly golden in color. Take a pan, add little ghee, fry dry fruits (raisins, cashew nuts), till raisins are slightly puffed up.