Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes. You'll always want to have some Italian sausages in the freezer for a busy weeknight! This oven baked Italian sausage recipe is so simple and straight-forward, you might wonder how it made its way on a food blog 😉 After all, aren't the food bloggers supposed to showcase their fancy creations with a long list of ingredients. If the sausages are linked together, cut them apart with scissors, then put them in the pan.
Enjoy this hearty, family-friendly dinner as a quick weeknight meal and enjoy the leftovers for meal prep the next afternoon. Quick and easy oven roasted sausage and vegetables recipe, made with simple ingredients in one sheet pan. The best thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables and whatever sausages you have on hand. You can have Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes
- Prepare 1 package of sausage.
- It’s 1 package of potato chunks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese.
The spices that give Italian sausage its signature flavor develop more fully when roasted slowly in the oven. Roasting whole sausages in their casings allows them to retain their moisture, so the resulting cooked sausage is tender and moist. Most Italian sausage is made of pork, although some may contain a pork and. how to cook sausage in the oven You can cook sausage in a variety of ways—from pan-frying to grilling and everything in between. While you have multiple preparation options for fresh sausage, if you've never oven baked sausage before, it's time you became acquainted with this simple cooking method that lets you focus on preparing the.
Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Line a baking pan with foil and spread olive oil over pan. Set aside..
- Put the sausage rounds, potatoes, and onions into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme. Toss together with hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour into baking tray and spread out as much as possible..
- Place into oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring 15 minutes or so until the potatoes are golden brown and tender..
- Turn off oven. Scatter cheese over top. Pop back into oven for a few minutes to melt cheese..
- Serve with a vegetable..
Oven-Roasted Sausage and Potatoes is an easy and versatile recipe that can be eaten on its own for a weeknight dinner or eaten as a side dish. The slices of sausage make it super filling and onions and red and green bell pepper make it a one pan dish. Transfer the cooked sausage to a large baking dish. Place sausage rings on a baking sheet and liberally drizzle extra-virgin olive oil down over them. Place in hot oven and roast until casings are crisp and juices run.