Fried pickles. Today we're making homemade fried pickles! These are crisp breaded dill pickle slices made with no deep fryer required. I've also included a simple zesty dipping sauce in the recipe!
Dill pickle slices are coated with panko bread crumbs and spices, then air-fried until crispy. Dredge pickle chips first in egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Working in batches, place in a single layer in air fryer basket. You can cook Fried pickles using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried pickles
- It’s 1 packages of onion ring mix.
- Prepare 1 of dill pickles.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of Plinko breadcrumbs.
Fried pickles are a menu staple in the South. These salty, crispy, tangy pickles are just as delicious as french fries, but pack a bigger flavor punch. But who wants to relegate something so tasty to dining. This is one of my favorite appetizers!
Fried pickles instructions
- Make up onion ring batter. As 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Dip pickles coat in bread crumbs. Fry . done in under a minute..
- We like dipping sauce in photo above.
I love to dip mine in some ranch (or ketchup sometimes). And fried pickles are a classic southern treat! Fried pickles- love'em, hate'em or meh???? From my polling, it seems most people are "meh". Whoopty doo, what's the big deal.