Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour). Since carrots are in season, I am sharing this eggless cake recipe. Like my most cake recipes, this carrot cake is also made with whole wheat flour. though you can also make it with all-purpose flour. So I tried this Whole wheat Carrot Cake Recipe where in I replaced eggs with baking powder and baking soda as eggs are not allowed at my place.
The cake is denser and a bit of darker shade due to wheat flour. Along with carrot you can mixed nuts and seeds. In this recipe instead of carrots you can even add grated beets. You can cook Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour)
- It’s 1+3/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of flavorless oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
Instead of whole wheat flour you can use plain. Eggless carrot cake recipe with homemade cream cheese frosting. Eggless carrot cake recipe with video & step by step photos. This eggless carrot cake is one of I tried your carrot cake,it got little sticky inside and was not firm.
Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) step by step
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil until smooth..
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence to the sugar and oil mixture and beat well..
- Mix the dry ingredients (1 cup whole-wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder) and add to the liquid mixture through a sieve. Slowly fold until no dry patches are visible..
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots and 1/2 cup walnuts to this mixture. Pour the mixture in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 45mins at 350F. Once done, let the cake cool down..
- To prepare the frosting, add 1/4 cup softened butter, remaining 3/4 cups sugar and 4 oz cream cheese to a bowl. Beat well to form a smooth frosting. Layer the top of the cooled cake with the frosting. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon if you like..
I just skipped baking powder of your recipe and used wheat flour. You can't go wrong with this eggless carrot cake recipe. Recently I tried a chocolate version of the cake without using carrots and raisins and poured the batter in a bread loaf pan. I've made a lot of variations each time I bake this cake, starting with the flour to other ingredients. Eggless whole wheat cake is very soft, spongy,moist and flaffy.