Orange Ginger Chicken wings. In a large, resealable bag, mix the orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, ginger, and fresh garlic. Add chicken wings, seal, and shake to coat evenly. Add chicken wings, in batches, and toss to coat.
Orange and ginger are the perfect combination in these sticky, yummy Baked Orange Ginger Chicken Wings. Perfect for game day, parties, or an anytime snack. We all have our guilty food pleasures. You can cook Orange Ginger Chicken wings using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange Ginger Chicken wings
- It’s 1/2 C of orange juice.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 C of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1/4 C of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of ginger, minced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 of # chicken wings.
- You need 3 of scallions, slivered.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 Tbsp of cold water.
For some, it's sugary cereals and cheese in a can. For others, it's frozen pizza and breakfast pastries in a box. For me, it's food court-style orange chicken. Grease a wire oven-safe rack and place it over a baking sheet.; Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
Orange Ginger Chicken wings step by step
- In a large plastic bag, put in the orange juice, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, sugar, oil, ginger and garlic. Seal and shake to mix. Add wings, seal and shake to coat evenly. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days. When going to bake wings, put extra sauce in a small saucepan. Heat to medium. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Slowly add cornstarch mix to sauce to thicken. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, and then turn down to simmer..
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet pan with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Spread the wings on the foil and bake for 20 minutes; flip the wings over and brush with the thickened sauce. Continue to bake for 25 minutes so wings are cooked and golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with scallions..
Mix together arrowroot starch, ginger, garlic, and sea salt and lightly dust the chicken wings. Add the chicken wings, and refrigerate to marinade overnight. Spread the wings evenly on a foil-lined baking sheet. Serve with sliced green onions scattered on top. Orange chicken is everyone's favorite Chinese food and takeout item.