Low Fat Carrot Cake.
You can cook Low Fat Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Fat Carrot Cake
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 60 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 50 ml of vegetable or olive oil.
- It’s 130 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 10 g of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 of large carrots, grated.
- Prepare 100 g of sultana or raisins.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s of [For cream cheese decoration].
- Prepare 200 g of mascarpone cheese.
- Prepare 20 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 30 g of icing sugar.
Low Fat Carrot Cake instructions
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice into the bowl, then fold into the mixture.
- Add the carrots, sultanas (or raisins), lemon juice and pinch of salt, and mix well together..
- Spoon the mixture into a baking tin (I use 18cm circle non-stick) and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out dry. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely..
- For the decoration, put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat well until smooth. Spread evenly across the top of the cake (make sure that the cake is cool enough otherwise the cream will melt and slide down), then put in the fridge for at least 5 hours..