Asian Beef and Asparagus. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, broth, wine or additional broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside. The fresh asparagus gives a fresh and unique favor with a texture similar to bamboo shoots. Asparagus is a great vegetable to cook, especially with the protein of your choice, be it chicken, beef, or shrimp.
Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside. Put that takeout menu back in the drawer — we're coming upon asparagus season, so it's time to take full advantage of its short appearance! This Chinese-style stir-fry can be made in the same time it takes for takeout to arrive. You can cook Asian Beef and Asparagus using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian Beef and Asparagus
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of asparagus.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 pounds of stir fry beef (could use chicken or pork).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Rice of choice we like jasmine or basamati.
Pick up some flank steak, asparagus, and mushrooms at the grocery store and break out the wok when you get home. Flank steak is a great choice for stir-fries. Fresh asparagus turns out tender but still crisp, coated with a flavorful oyster sauce in this quick and easy asparagus stir-fry. Our Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe.
Asian Beef and Asparagus step by step
- Cook rice per package directions and set aside..
- Trim ends off asparagus, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Mince the garlic cloves..
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with ice water..
- Add asparagus to the boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes, just until tender. Drain and put into the ice water immediately..
- Cut your beef into bite sized pieces. Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin and honey..
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes depending on the size of beef (it should not be fully cooked but just about there), remove and set aside..
- In same skillet heat another drizzle of oil over medium high heat, add garlic and ground ginger cooking for 30 seconds. Add the sauce, asparagus and beef back to the skillet tossing until beef is fully cooked, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Fluff your rice with a fork. Serve beef and asparagus over the rice..
In this beef and asparagus stir fry, the deep beefy flavors pair incredibly well with the bright asparagus and sweet red pepper. Like we mentioned earlier, stir frying the asparagus leaves it tender and crisp, just warmed through. Beef and asparagus stir-fry is a classic weeknight dinner. It is not only quick and easy to prepare, it brings together vegetables and meat in an individual dish. Not only gluten free, it is extremely healthy as well and requires only rice as a complement.